Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Optibeam OB9-5 Help

Show all reviews of the Optibeam OB9-5

You can write your own review of the Optibeam OB9-5.

DD2FG  Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2013 04:02  Send this review to a friend!
Easy to install, surprising results!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iím living near the shore of the Baltic Sea and looked for a simple beam antenna without corrodible traps. After sorrow investigations I decided to buy an Optibeam 9-5. The parcel was surprisingly small, but the different elements were packed in a really smart manner. After a little bit more than 4 hours the antenna was completed and ready for lift-off. By means of a crane and the help of a nearby OM it took another hour to attach the antenna to the mast on our house. The first attempts to feed some HF into this rig were really surprising to me. Some Japanese stations answered immediately, whom I couldnít impress at all with my dipole (2x 15 m) or a 60 m delta-loop before! Today I worked the first time VK with 100 Watts out of an IC 7410. The antenna is mounted appr. 3 m above the roof and 9 m above ground. Compliments to Tom, DF2BO, for the development of these simple but effectfull beam-antennas.