Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | W2IHY EQ Plus Help

Show all reviews of the W2IHY EQ Plus

You can write your own review of the W2IHY EQ Plus.

WC3W  Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2013 14:35  Send this review to a friend!
Best Investment I have made in years  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dear Fellow Ham Radio Operators-I attended the Orlando Hamfest and bumped into Julius, W2IHY for a very short period of time as we were about to return back to South Florida QTH. As I had made many purchases already, I decided to wait in purchasing the EQplus and 8 band equializer. I own a Yeasu DX-5000 and employ a QRO linear amplifier in my shack. The DX-5000 has some nice audio internals. Howerver, upon returning home, I decided what the heck, I only live once so I ordered both the EQplus and 8 band equalizer. A good friend of mine had mentioned to me in Orlando what a great "reputation" Julius had in supporting his products. Well, I am here to tell you that his support in helping me set this equipment up is probably the best customer service I have experienced my entire ham career which has been many, many years (liscenced in 1960). The documentation was outstanding but even with it, I had a number of questions. I called Julius on the land line, and he walked me through the initial set up. I had some issues on the rear audio input on my DX-5000, and he sent me an audio cable that would allow me to use my newly purchased Heil PA-40 directly into the front plug on the DX-5000. This is the amazing part--after we set it up, he asked me to get on 20 meters and on two separate occasions, with telephone in hand, and rig tuned to 14.170, I tested, he recorded, he analyzed on his Flex 5000, he instructed me to change many settings, he played back my audio (over the telephone), and we iterated until all the setting were perfect for integration of my Heil mike, my voice, my DX-5000! My audio now as reported by local hams is simply amazing and I am sure it will help me in the difficult DX pileups! If you would like to contact me for further details, please do so on QRZ.com and my email address. Again, this is customer service at it's very best--I love the product as well! It is the best investment I have made in a long time! Good DX'ing 73 Mark WC3W