Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle Help

Show all reviews of the PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle

You can write your own review of the PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle.

KJ4KKI  Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2013 15:58  Send this review to a friend!
Works Great & Easy to Set SWR  Time owned: more than 12 months
An addition to my previous review. Due to life getting in the way, it took me a while to route coax to the antenna to actually use it. As is common to 6m, one day it is; the next "hour" it isn't... Anyway, the band opened up and I was talking S9 to stations in south Florida and south Texas. It's only 20 feet in the air, and while that is easily 1/2 wavelength for 50 MHz, it still isn't very high in the air. Earlier, I had gotten an MFJ-259B and double-checked the SWR. I knew it had been very low, based on my FT-450's SWR meter. The MFJ showed it to be right at 1.0-1.1:1. This was a very good match and the ability to get it so near the perfect setting was great. This is especially true, considering it was tuned 8 feet off of the ground, attached to a painter pole. In addition to being a high quality antenna, it looks really nice attached to my tower. The reason it is only 20 feet, is that I have a dipole at 30 feet, and Dale suggested putting some space between them. If it were just a bit higher, I'd get a second one and use it with a phasing harness. I'm quite pleased with it so far.