Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE Help

Show all reviews of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by MW0JZE.

VK2DMH  Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2013 16:02  Send this review to a friend!
Perfect, Lightweight HF Beam Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been a licensed ham since the late 70s, but never until now have I had the opportunity to own and erect any kind of HF beam antenna for DX contacts. My main band of interest is 20m, but a dedicated yagi, tribander or quad required a tower of some kind -- that's something it is now almost impossible to get council approval for here in Sydney, AU. The solution has been this multi-band HF hexbeam antenna built by "Ant" (that's really Anthony), MW0JZE, who lives in Wales in the UK.

I ordered the antenna from him about a year ago, but it took me months to get things organized so I could install it. As a separate tower wasn't likely to be approved. However, a modest roof tower was possible, since it had less height than many TV masts on most houses in my neighborhood.

I brought one from overseas and enlisted some help from other hams to install the tower and hexbeam safely and securely on my tiled roof.

It is now working FB and I can hear and talk to distant stations I could never hear before. It would have cost me much more in materials alone to try and build the antenna myself, so buying the hexbeam from Ant, MW0JZE, was a no-brainer. What is more, the kit was so well put together that assembling it was a breeze, and all the wire elements were pre-tuned and needed no adjustments.

I would give this antenna a TEN if I could.

If you want to read the full details of hexbeam antenna installation, you will find on my personal ham radio web site: http://www.walkietalkietwowayradios.com/