Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | BaoFeng UV-5R+ Help

Show all reviews of the BaoFeng UV-5R+

You can write your own review of the BaoFeng UV-5R+.

M0TWA  Rating: 4/5 Jul 21, 2013 09:57  Send this review to a friend!
Intriguing Chinese Puzzle :)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Yes its a bit quirky and takes some time working out how to program manually, but for the money that these things cost how can you complain? The 3800 mah battery for this thing costs around 12.00 posted from china..the replacement battery for my H/T made by one of the BIG THREE ham radio manufactures cost 60 plus postage here in the U.K!!...just purchased an additional dual band antenna from hongkong..3.00 posted and it works very well. Gripes? TX audio on internal mic not too good. The extention mic costs 7.00 posted from HK and works great. Rx audio isnt earth shattering brilliant but again taking into account price who cares? The dispay is clear and easy to read. The menu system is mostly voice announced and is easy to navigate. The amount of button pressing to set up memory channels is testing but not impossible. While not all singing all dancing I still think my days of buying expensive radios from the main three are behind me. I hope that this Baofeng H/T will give lasting service like my Feidaxins purchased back in 2005..they really have been excellent. Watch my unboxing video here: