Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | SPE Expert 1K-FA Help

Show all reviews of the SPE Expert 1K-FA

You can write your own review of the SPE Expert 1K-FA.

K6TTD  Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2013 14:33  Send this review to a friend!
Excellent Design, Smooth Operation & Reasonably Priced  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am not a QRO operator, but I have a pretty modest antenna setup (a 2 element STEPPIR @ 30') because I live on a small city lot with no back yard, and my "shack" is also VERY cramped. I wanted to have a couple of extra dB in reserve for pileups when the conditions get rough. I had owned an AL-811, and it performed very well, but it was far too massive for my current shack. I wanted a small, self contained solid state amp that could produce up to about 800 watts PEP. The SPE Expert 1K has more than met my needs. after a quick read-through of the manual, set up was fast and straightforward. It produces the power I need, includes its own auto-tuner so band switching is a breeze. I am the original owner, and have been using it now for over three years without a problem. It has been a flawless performer, and was, IMHO, very reasonably priced for what you get. You can't go wrong with this one.