Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Diamond CP-610 Help

Show all reviews of the Diamond CP-610

You can write your own review of the Diamond CP-610.

PA3FPZ  Rating: 2/5 Jul 30, 2013 05:33  Send this review to a friend!
OK on 6 bad on 10  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At first glance a decent antenna. Comes in a good box, with all parts individually sealed. The aluminium used is hard drawn, makes a high pitched sound when tapped. Assembly is easy, tuning is pre-set, just follow the instructions in Japanese English (HiHi). Installing it on my tower went stress-free as well, until I came to the final part, the 10 meter resonator. The thread on the resonator did not fit into the radial ring. I had to re-tap the tread. Then came the final tuning. I tried 6 meters, big smile, nice resonance on 50.7 MHz, good reception as well. A real winner, at least I thought so.
Tried it on 10 meters, no joy! I could not get it resonant anywhere. Borrowed an analyser and found it resonant on 32 MHz. No matter what I tried, I could not get it to resonate on 10 meters. Talked about it to my dealer, supposedly a known problem and within two days I got a replacement resonator. After replacing the resonator, still no joy, it was now resonant on 30 MHz and 16 MHz. I lost all confidence of it being a dualbander, also this known problem should have been explained to me on buying the antenna.

Conclusion: Great for 6 meters, definitely not anywhere else.