Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Yaesu FTDX-3000 Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu FTDX-3000

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FTDX-3000.

AB4VV  Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2013 09:54  Send this review to a friend!
Great Rig  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My 3000 puts out 100 watts into a 50 ohm load on all ham bands. I have no problems with power output like some have said. I suggest they get a good dummy load and use a cw key to test their output power.

As far as people not liking the menus, I suggest you learn to use the radio properly. On each band you have 3 different possible settings. Example: Set the first push of the band button to CW and the filter you want. Second push of the band button set it to SSB or whatever and set the filter you want, etc.

Once the menus have been set you should not have to reset them. The only thing that I change is the power output setting that I have on the C.S. button. One push of the C.S. button and you set the power out. What is the problem with this?

It's my opinion that people that do not like the 3000 are the ones that have not learned to use it properly.

I like my 3000 better than any ham rig I have ever had in over 37 years of having a FCC license.