Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | FlexRadio FLEX-3000 Help

Show all reviews of the FlexRadio FLEX-3000

You can write your own review of the FlexRadio FLEX-3000.

NY0P  Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2013 22:35  Send this review to a friend!
I love my Flex-3000  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recieved my flex 3000 late winter this year. The software loaded easily to my Intel 7 powered HP desk top running Windows 8. I've got duel monitors with Power SDR running on one and AC log, DX Watch on Mozilla, QRZ on explorer, Pst rotor controling my Yaesu rotor, FLDIGI for PSK31 and rtty, all running on the second monitor. I have a VBA script that starts everything with one click of the mouse. With all that running the CPU is idling along at 10%.

AC log is linked with Power SDR and automaticly put the band and frequency info into AC Log for me. I can double click on the spotting window in AC log and it will automaticly tune the Flex to that frequency and place the call in the call line of AC Log. Too cool...

I'm using a Heil GM-4 mic and I get nothing but great audio reports on the radio. I do go to great lenghts to not over drive the radio or my ALS-600 which helps the audio quality. I might have to get a SPE 1.3k-fa early next year. It would be wild to have a no-tune amplifier that would automaticly select the band data from the Flex. (My ALS-600 is a older model without the rig interface jacks.)

The spectrum display is great, seeing where the signals are without having to blind tune around for them. Seeing other operators at the band edge and being able to see that part of their transmitt signal is out of band. I have my transmitt filter on the display so I can visually see if my signal will interfere with nearby stations around my frequency or if my signal will fall outside the band edge.

Another plus is 6 meter operation. It was a blast working over a dozen states and Mexico during the last VHF contest, all in a couple of hours, all with 100 watts output. Can't wait to get an HF+6m amp.

I would buy another one in a heartbeat...