Categories | Antenna Tuners | MFJ-998 IntelliTuner Help

Show all reviews of the MFJ-998 IntelliTuner

You can write your own review of the MFJ-998 IntelliTuner.

KE4ZHN  Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2013 06:56  Send this review to a friend!
Nice Tuner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had this tuner for about a year now. It has been totally trouble free on all bands from 80-10 on my 80 mtr. doublet. Tuning is very fast although a bit noisy. One minor gripe is the lack of peak reading capability on the meters. The watt meters both digital and cross needle are accurate right out of the box. Looking inside mine was very nicely made and there were no loose parts floating around or sloppy solder work. I also like the feature where it will shut off the keying line of your amp if your swr goes above safe limits.
This thing has me spoiled. After years of running a trusty SA2040 Heath which I also love....the fiddling with it each time I wanted to move around got old after years of doing it. I have this interfaced with my IC7000 so the button on the mic calls the tuner to do its thing. Very simple and works great. I don't even have to touch the tuner at all. I simply turn it on and off and do the rest with one button on the microphone. It even bypasses your amplifier without you needing to put it in standby when you tune.I have run near legal limit through it on all bands and it never smoked, arced or shut itself down. I run a short piece of coax to a 4:1 balun which feeds the doublet. So this tuner sees a wide variety of loads on all the bands and it never flinches. Its internal menu system is well laid out and very easy to navigate through. It just works. I think this is an excellent tuner for the money.