Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Great Lakes Antennas All-Banders Help

Show all reviews of the Great Lakes Antennas All-Banders

You can write your own review of the Great Lakes Antennas All-Banders.

VK2LC  Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2013 16:24  Send this review to a friend!
Well made, not like a cheap chinese clone  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used mine on a SOTA (summits of the air) event with great success. I made a small modification, I have resonate counterpoise cut for the bands I work and I feel it improves the performance. I also own a Super antenna but if you compare the two, the great lakes antenna is so much better built and designed to last many years. I always worry about stripping the thread on the plastic wing nut on the super antenna.
I took a camera tripod on the summit in ACT Australia and it made a very easy to erect self supporting antenna.

The brass whip made of 6 short sections is easy to put together, I used a piece of plastic water pipe with caps to store them in my tripod bag.

So overall putting up a portable antenna in the Australian Bush, you need something light strong and easy to put together. Tuning is a bit fiddly first but once you get the hang of it, it is quick and easy.

I have just ordered the tapped coil from Great Lakes Antennas, I was so impressed with the first one, I want to use one on the car with a long whip