Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | SteppIR Fluidmotion 4 Element Help

Show all reviews of the SteppIR Fluidmotion 4 Element

You can write your own review of the SteppIR Fluidmotion 4 Element.

EA6LP  Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2013 09:16  Send this review to a friend!
solid, depedendable, and performing very well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this antenna since march 2008.
It has giving me a lot of joy, I can say that I work what I hear, many times I am one of the very first stations in hearing the DX, and so on I work it, even in very hard propagation conditions, then 20 - 30 minutes later the DX arrives much better and it easier to contact, but for then I made the contact, hi,hi.
When considering buying it I had to decide betwen SteppIR and Optibeam, for weight, size, and for not having allumimiun exposed to the elements,I choose it, I made the right decission.
By then I had a lot of problems with a telescopic tower build in South of Spain, as the size of this antenna was not exagerated I could fix more easily
the problems than having a bulky one.
The only criticism to this antenna is what by then (donīt know by now), the product was not very much refined, so you had to make a series of modifications/upgrades that required a lot of time, patience, and antenna building experience what it seemed to me to be out of the range for some inexperienced buyers, This could be fully amended by SteppIR, just having a little care in refining the build up of this product, but the performance was not affected in the case you did the things OK.
When I just received the boxes, an discussion arouse in internet about the rubber boots of the elements, so again I used my previous experience and I made a triple protective layer of sillicon and thermoelastic rubber to cover generously the supposed defective rubber boots. It has worked so far, as I made NO MAINTENANCE AT ALL, the antenna ha worked perfectly since 2008Ą laying in the powerfull mediterranean sun.
It is fact the the antenna builders tends to make too much easy the work to build his products, and claims a building time much below of the required for lasting many years and keeping top performance.