Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | FlexRadio FLEX-3000 Help

Show all reviews of the FlexRadio FLEX-3000

You can write your own review of the FlexRadio FLEX-3000.

WV4I  Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2013 19:43  Send this review to a friend!
works great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have a May 2013 build Flex 3000. I run it with a 3ghz Core 2 Duo Win 7 32 bit machine, 6gb memory, not all recognized, and CPU use usually around 65% with reasonable settings. I am using the firewire interface integral to the nForce 780i motherboard, no issues. I have NO RFI issues, with 2 different antennas, even running an amp up to 400w PEP. I never got the transmit audio to my liking with the MH-31 mike, so I bought the Heil HM-12, and now get good reports, stations answer me, etc.. I won't reiterate what can be gleaned from the Sherwood Engineering receiver test results. I think perhaps the NR algorithms either need some tweaking or I'm just not there with settings. The NR on my TS-590S and KX3 (using HDSDR) a little more effective so far, but really tough to compare apples to apples here. This is a terrific transceiver and a keeper.