Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Ameritron Factory Service Help

Show all reviews of the Ameritron Factory Service

You can write your own review of the Ameritron Factory Service.

KC9NCS  Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2013 06:22  Send this review to a friend!
Great Service, Fair Price, Nice People  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent an Ameritron AL-80B into Ameritron Repair service after the tube blossomed in it and I was unable to locate the issue that caused the tube to fail.

Sent it along with a note indicating all the issues the amp was having (meter bulbs burned out, 160m didn't work, some other minor issues.) Received an email 8 days after I'd shipped it that the repairs had been complete, and to call in to arrange for payment and shipping back.

Spoke to Rob, who indicated he couldn't find any problems with the amps output, but had fixed everything else on my list. I asked if he'd put a tube in and tested the amp, he did. I described for him the process I went through to troubleshoot the amp myself before shipping it back for repair. Rob said I'd diagnosed the problem successfully (tube) and should've trusted my diagnosis.

In addition to fixing the meter bulbs and other fixes I'd asked for, he added inrush protection so the amp now soft-starts, and added a few parts to prevent the meter bulbs from burning out so quckly again. Total cost: $101 + shipping back. Added a tube for $179.

Received the amp back, inserted the tube and fired it up -- everything works as new. Total was $347 shipped back to me. Thought I'd be better safe than sorry shipping the amp back, am glad I did so it could get updated.

Very happy with the service, the turn-around was very quick and the folks at Ameritron (Rob, folks who answered the phone) couldn't have been nicer. IMO the service I received is a model of good customer service. Well done Rob & Ameritron!