Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Alpha 9500 Help

Show all reviews of the Alpha 9500

You can write your own review of the Alpha 9500.

K4ELO  Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2013 16:11  Send this review to a friend!
Outstanding  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My first Alpha was an 8410. Probably the best of the manually tuned amps available. Bought it because I was having a hard time justifying the price of a 9500. It worked great but when RF Concepts had their Dayton sale last spring I just couldn't resist the high trade-in value they gave me towards a 9500.

If I was doing it again, I would definitely just buy the 9500 first. This amp is an elegant design. Features like being able to turn on the electronics without energizing the tubes so the metering and the antenna switching are working and the auto tuning make this amp a jewel. Four months of daily use and never a fault.

One more note on the auto tuning - it's really nice to be able to switch antennas and the amp re-tunes in a flash. That is one of the major reasons that I bought it. Oh yeah, and the low distortion. I get incredible signal reports driving it with a Yaesu running in class A.

Lastly, it's the great service from the folks at RF Concepts. They really do go the extra mile to make sure you are a satisfied customer. I can't say enough good things about my experience with them. If you can stretch the budget, go for it, you will not be disappointed.