Categories | Antenna Tuners | CG-3000 Automatic Antenna Tuner 10 - 200 WATT .PEP Help

Show all reviews of the CG-3000 Automatic Antenna Tuner 10 - 200 WATT .PEP

You can write your own review of the CG-3000 Automatic Antenna Tuner 10 - 200 WATT .PEP.

PA4URK  Rating: 4/5 Sep 8, 2013 11:20  Send this review to a friend!
Spurious signals on CG-3000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using the CG-3000 now for about three months and I'm reasonably satisfied about it. The antenna which the CG-3000 tunes is an eight meter long Comrod vertical, a professional antenna which is normally used on board of ships. On my roof I've laid out three radials of ten meters long, the aluminium edge around the roof is used as counterpoise and there is also a three meter copper rod into the earth. The tuner does what it has to do from 10 to 160 meters. But... it doesn't work from about 22 to 26 mC and on the CB band and 10 meter band I only hear the realy very loud stations. A negative incidental of the CG-3000 is that since I use this tuner I have on these high bands also a lot of loud spurous signals which come out of the CG-3000. On all the other bands it's working great, even on 160 meters. Although on this band working with 100 watts with this small antenna I see that SWR is changing while working on this band.