Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | W8AMZ 160 METER REDUCED 1/2 SLOPER Help

Show all reviews of the W8AMZ 160 METER REDUCED 1/2 SLOPER

You can write your own review of the W8AMZ 160 METER REDUCED 1/2 SLOPER.

AK6ZZ  Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2013 05:44  Send this review to a friend!
Good solution for small yards  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I finally got my 160m 1/4 wave sloper tuned ok (need to shorten it slightly) and worked my first four stations on 160 this morning. Did well to Arizona 57-59 reports and super well to Nevada 59+10 running 250W. It received pretty well too as all the people were also 59 except for one gentleman. Made four contacts so now I know it works. Reports were very complimentary. I am running it with a triex WT51 tower extended to 40' on a canyon edge that is 230' high.

Tom, W8AMZ, was extremely helpful with guiding me through the installation with multiple phone calls. I actually had to shorten the antenna 10' and I need to shorten it about another foot or so to get it centered on the DX portion of the band but regardless it is 1:1 at 1.800 MHz and it is tuned to about 2.0 up to about 1.880 with decent swr for my SPE 1k amplifier.

I am hoping this antenna also works for DX this winter. That would be super cool. That would be icing on the cake.