Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Powerwerx DB-750 Help

Show all reviews of the Powerwerx DB-750

You can write your own review of the Powerwerx DB-750.

KK6DHF  Rating: 3/5 Sep 18, 2013 18:32  Send this review to a friend!
Updated review of the DB-750  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After posting my review of the radio, I received an email from another owner who had similar issues and a couple of solutions, so in the interest of fairness, I thought I should update my review.

I purchased the RT Systems programming software and cable with the radio. My squelch issue was easily resolved by manually changing a single setting. In addition to the tone settings, there is an additional "squelch setting" (Menu 16) that provided additional options.

The noise issue is cured with a better shielded cable, however there is no fix the minimum volume issue at this time. Overall, I do like the radio, especially for the price. My signal reports from other stations are very good. I really put it through the wringer on a long haul trip through the Central Valley of California and was able to communicate very clearly with high level repeaters more than 100 miles away on UHF and VHF. They sounded as good as the repeaters that I live near which are less than a dozen miles away.

I'd like to add that customer service at Powerwerx has been well above average as I've tried to sort out my issues. Commencing even before the radio as on the market to today, they have been very responsive to my email inquiries about products and problems and that matters a lot. As with any new product, there will be bugs and I expect that they will have them all iron out soon.