Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Western HF-10 Help

Show all reviews of the Western HF-10

You can write your own review of the Western HF-10.

2E0JJH  Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2013 04:18  Send this review to a friend!
Unbelieveable !!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months

I have been using this antenna on all bands from 160 to 6 Metres for the last 3 months. With 50 Watts or less, I have now worked 92 entities in that time....Australia and NZ, Antarctica, Japan, China, Alaska - in fact - The World !!!

Even more important is that I live in a retirement bungalow complex, with just a tiny 12ft by 12ft back yard, and I have to be very 'Stealthy'. The dipole centre is attached to the top of a 26ft fibreglass fishing pole, and the vertical ladderline is taped to that all the way down, with the two ends of the dipole being attached at one end to my bungalow chimney, and the other end to a tree in the communal garden, with both en ds dropping from the 26ft middle, to about 15ft.

Surprisingly, the antenna is not resonant on any band and the internal tuner of my FT-950 only tunes the antenna on a couple of bands, so it is not used at all - instead I use the MFJ-949E ATU. I don't have much money on my State Pension, but I am now saving for an Auto Tuner, which will be the icing on a really tasty cake !!

Check out my QRZ page to see the 'Last 30' stations I have worked..

Recommended to all without any caveats.