Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Help

Show all reviews of the RADIOSPORT HEADSETS

You can write your own review of the RADIOSPORT HEADSETS.

W2MV  Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2013 13:12  Send this review to a friend!
Wow!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It's been about six months. Time for a review. I had been using various Heil headsets, and prior to that various non-ham headsets. The RS60CF I purchased is in a different league. It is a commercial, professional quality headset that happens to be sold for ham use. It's built like a tank. Even the audio cable uses Teflon as a component and appears indestructible. The received audio sensitivity with my IC-7600 is excellent as is the audio quality. I have also received good reports for transmitted audio.
One of the main reasons for my purchase was acoustic isolation; the RS60CF cuts me off from the outside world to such an extent that I can barely tell if my amp is on (with my eyes closed, of course.) The only "complaint", which I have gotten accustomed to, is that the cable is relatively rigid. It's not a typical "soft and very flexible" cable that all of my previous headsets have come with. I called Dave at Arlan and he stated that the cable basically needs to be what it is in order to be as durable as it is. I can live with that. I've coiled the excess cable and tie-wrapped it on the desk which isn't too bad. Perhaps Arlan can come out with a coiled cord as an option, instead of the supplied straight on.