Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | InnovAntennas 432 10 Element LFA Yagi Help

Show all reviews of the InnovAntennas 432 10 Element LFA Yagi

You can write your own review of the InnovAntennas 432 10 Element LFA Yagi.

VE3KCY  Rating: 2/5 Sep 27, 2013 20:32  Send this review to a friend!
Unhappy with product & support   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Took delivery of 2 432 10 element end mount 432 LFA Yagis with phasing coax & power divider in early June that I ordered from Justin at Dayton Hamvention this past May. The shipping process was very fast (from England to Toronto Can in 6 hours).
I did not have time to assemble the antennas till late July. Assembly was straight forward, instructions slightly vague & pictures are not of this exact antenna. I made contact with Justin in England & he walked me through the assembly process. So far things went ok.

Now the fun started when I tried to tune the antenna's which I had mounted at approx. 10feet so I could reach them from a step ladder.I cannot get the SWR down below 1.6:1 at 432.100 no matter how I adjust the dipole ends. Both antenna are resonant in the 436.0 range. My later emails to Justin seemed to be ignored so I contacted Chip in California the North American contact for InnovAntenna. Chip has tried to help me but we are getting nowhere & I am getting FRUSTRATED at lack of progress. I had a fellow club member drop by with his Vector network analyzer and the test results were the same as my MFJ 269 analyzer. I am currently getting no where & fall is here & want to get these yagis on my tower.. bit not until I know they will work as the manufacturer stated.
Before anyone flames me I also tried tuning them vertically also. Connecting my Yaesu 857 gave swr's of 2:1 on 432.100.
I bought this set up to be plug & play so I would have no issues.
I also ordered 2 144 9 element LFA Yagis at the same time. They both tune 1:1 at 144.200 & were no trouble tuning at all. So I know these guys can build a good yagi.
If the 432 yagi worked like the 144 unit I would give these antenna a 5 but until they either replace them with working units for my SSB frequency or refund me I will not recommend them to anyone.