Categories | Amateur Radio Periodicals | QST Magazine Help

Show all reviews of the QST Magazine

You can write your own review of the QST Magazine.

W7ASA  Rating: 1/5 Oct 2, 2013 14:06  Send this review to a friend!
It's A Catalog  Time owned: more than 12 months
QST many decades ago was useful, probably because of the competition from CQ, Ham Radio, 73 & etc. Now, it's SO filled with advertising that it's basically a monthly catalog for appliance operators.

I am reminded of its generally poor quality of editing and lack of proof reading whenever it's time to actually build a project from QST and the on-line community has a list of corrections for QST article misprints in schematic, parts and instructions. This was even the case for a SIMPLE Wheatstone Bridge regenerative receiver from QST. Think about THAT - many corrections required for an article about a SIMPLE regen in QST. This is a simple version of what I built as a 'kid radio' from vacuum tubes when I was 9 years old. That's just poor editing.

With the HUGE on-line ham radio community and all the excellent information out there about ham projects, methods, emerging technology and etc. I do not need or want QST and all the ARRL 'sign me up' junk mail that comes with it. I dropped my membership 3 years ago and never looked back. For technical lit, there are a few books from ARRL worth their salt, but most of my ham reading now comes from the internet or from RSGB.

73 de Ray