Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Antennas & More G5RV Multi-Band Dipole Help

Show all reviews of the Antennas & More G5RV Multi-Band Dipole

You can write your own review of the Antennas & More G5RV Multi-Band Dipole.

KI5SO  Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2013 16:32  Send this review to a friend!
Worth the money!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I usually build my own antennas and enjoy that aspect of the hobby, but for right around $100 shipped, I decided to buy a double g5rv 204 foot long antenna. I put up one half of it fairly flat top and the second half runs down a hill. The highest point is about 55'. The antenna is surprisingly quiet. It does an outstanding job on 160. It develops lobes and nulls, of course in the higher bands so sometimes it is great and sometimes not depending on the lobe or null. Forty meters works great also. Now, for those who love 75 meters here is some good news. My antenna does not require a tuner from around 3.875 to 3.920 thereabouts. The double g5rv has proven to outperform any other antenna I've put up for 75 meters, yes, even a 75 meter loop! The reception on 75 is incredible and I'm usually complemented on being one of the strongest stations in my area. I do not run an amplifier. The bottom line: If you like to get on 160 with a shorter antenna and have one that works other bands too, this is a good choice. If you'd like to get on 160 meters with a shorter antenna and put out a monster signal on 75, this antenna is for you. 75 is where it shines the most. I would buy it again.