Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | GAP Titan Help

Show all reviews of the GAP Titan

You can write your own review of the GAP Titan.

AB9UU  Rating: 4/5 Oct 11, 2013 14:55  Send this review to a friend!
Working well despite not ideal placement  Time owned: more than 12 months
I initially had trouble with placing the Titan as it is quite windy where I live at times. It blew over twice. This was my fault and not the Titan's. It is now guyed much better and does not move. It functions well on 40 meters and up, but 80 meters is a problem as sometimes it will not tune easily. Of course Gap tells you it has a narrower band with on 80 meters so this is no surprise. On other bands 20 and above, it usually needs no tuner or if it does, it does not require much help to make my amp happy.

It is not as loud most of the time as is my G5RV on 40 and 80 that I also have up.
However, my placement of the Titan puts it at a disadvantage to start with, as the Gap Titan is on the roof but surrounded BY TALLER BUILDINGS on several sides at close proximity. I also have lots of power lines in the area being in an ultra urban area. Still during the day I can get out easily to Flagstaff and Phoenix and occasionally Germany with it on 18 meters. I bet if I raise it a bit, it will even work better. So the bottom line is that I like it and plan on keeping it and raising it once I am able (had surgery).