New to Ham Radio?
DX Cluster Spots
eHam Help (FAQ)
Support the site
The eHam Team
Show all reviews of the Kenwood TS-480SAT
You can write your own review
of the Kenwood TS-480SAT.
Oct 12, 2013 15:24
Send this review to a friend!
Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased 480SAT new in July 2012 and use it as my main HF radio. I use it mostly at home, and occasionally in the vehicle. The remote head is a great feature. Brought it along for Field Day 2013 and everyone found it easy to use.
- I have used it with verticals, wires, Buddipole and a Yagi-Uda.
- No problems with digital modes strait to the computer, or using a Signalink. (With appropriate cables)
- Use and control radio over the Internet with free Kenwood software. It is just too easy.
- Interface and control using HRD is painless. (w/cable)
- Nothing but complements using a Heil HM-12. Hand mike works too.
- Nice screen size.
- Do not have to go deep in the menu to get things done.
- Built-in tuner really makes this radio easy to use.
- * I really enjoy the dual antenna ports. I switch between antennas with ease. It automatically switches between ports based on last settings for a particular band.
- I have installed the voice module, but not the other filters.
Product is in production.
You are not subscribed to this review.
If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions about Reviews
please email your Reviews Manager