Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Log4OM by IW3HMH Help

Show all reviews of the Log4OM by IW3HMH

You can write your own review of the Log4OM by IW3HMH.

AI4HO  Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2013 14:11  Send this review to a friend!
Great Logging Program!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I will throw in my review of the Log4OM logging program along with the others. I guess I have had this on my Dell laptop right at, or maybe a couple of months over a year now. When I first saw this program I wasn't even looking for a logging program. Why would I need a logging program when I was using Scott N3FJP's Amateur Contact Log. However, I was intrigued, this program had a lot going for it, not just a logging program, it has a DX spotter, enable rig control, plus a host of other functions, so I thought, well, I'll download it, ya never know, Scotts program is great, but I could never get my IC-756 Pro III to mate with Scott's program. So, there it sat, in my computer for several months, until...until I got my new back up rig, a Kenwood TS-450S, I was playing around with the 450 ine day and thought, why here is a chance to try that logging program I downloaded several months ago! I ordered a cable, no trusting my skills any longer to homebrew a cable, besides, I had the new cable in less than a week, what's a few more days to wait to use something that has been sitting idle for months now. The cable arrived, I connect the cable to the computer, and to the 450, got everything det as per the instructions. Wouldn't ya know, the dad gum thing works...well I'll be dipped, wow, does this program work, and it works very well I might add. I can customize this program to suit my needs, only use what I need to and forget the rest, if I want it on there its just a couple of mouse clicks away.

I still use Scott N3FJP and the Amateur Contact Log with my ProIII...why...I keep asking myself that same question...why, maybe becaue Scott's program was the very first logging program I had ever tried or used. Still, evrytime I use my TS-450S I turn on the Log4OM program and log my contacts with this program. Really now, all it would take is a click of the mouse and I can be using both rigs on the same logging program...so why don't I, guess I'll just have to start wont I.

This is one of those programs where they just work, they work well, and best of all...its FREE! This is with out a doubt one of those programs that gives a hell of a bang for nothing, it isn't difficult to set up, is very customizable, has way more included free than some logging programs ya gotta pay up to $30 for. Are there better logging programs out there...sure there are, its what YOU the individual, your wants and needs of a particular program that counts, no one else, its what you want and need of a program, for me, Log4OM is and will continue to be a great logging program!

Thank you to all who have taken the time to read my review, I enjoy hear from anyone via email about this program. May God Bless everyone, I do pray that y'all have a great day!

73 de Mark