Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | Begali CW Machine Help

Show all reviews of the Begali CW Machine

You can write your own review of the Begali CW Machine.

BWOETTKE  Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2013 02:07  Send this review to a friend!
My most important accessory  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been a user of the CW Machine for many years, and I have become accustomed to the logging function which lets you create log entries almost automatically by just sending your normal QSO exchanges. However, until a few weeks ago, the CW Machine logging served mainly as a data collection front-end for a "real" logging program, in my case DX Keeper. I would run my QSOs for a couple of days and then upload them from the CW Machine into DX Keeper, mainly for statistics (DXCC etc) and some final editing before submitting them to LotW.

Several weeks ago I challenged Ulrich to enhance the CW Machine so that I would not need an additional logging program, and I offered to serve as a beta tester for the many improvements which are now part of the product. The goal, to eliminate the need for an additional logging program, has been fully accomplished for me.

The latest version of the CW Machine lets you submit logging information directly to LotW and eQSL, which give me all the statistics I want. It also directly interfaces with QRZ.COM to show you the information for the other station. The real-time display of my most recent QSOs lets me see what is in the log, and the greatly enhanced editing functions let me correct errors or omissions right away.

I always use the CW Machine in combination with a computer. But the enhanced log editing functions come in handy also in stand-alone operation without a computer. When Ulrich is in Africa early next year, operating as 7P8US and 3DA0US, the CW Machine will again do all his logging without a computer connection - like in early 2013 when he gave me my first QSO with Lesotho as 7P8US.

The CW Machine is easily the most versatile accessory on my desk, and I would not want to be without it (after having grown so accustomed to it, I probably COULD not be without it ;-)