Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Norm's Rotor Service Help

Show all reviews of the Norm's Rotor Service

You can write your own review of the Norm's Rotor Service.

N4FBW  Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2013 18:13  Send this review to a friend!
Great job on an HD-73 and Control Box!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a used and, according to the seller, a 'in good condition' HD-73 rotor this summer. I noticed that the position reading on the meter was not indicating properly, so I opened up the rotator. There were several issues including bad bearings. I contacted Rotor Norm for some advice and bought a new position pot, new bearings and a grease kit. As I began work on the rotor, more problems came up and I decided to send it to Rotor Norm for service along with the repair parts that I had for the rotor. Rotor Norm suggested I send in the control box as well, which was looking rather long in the tooth. It took about six weeks for the control box and rotor to be serviced which is what I was told up front. They also gave me credit for the parts I had already purchased. The rotor and control box look BRAND NEW! The quality of the work is top notch and they sent me a detailed invoice of the work done. The labor rates are really cheap compared to those here in CA. I've spent quite a bit of money on this rotor and can honestly say that I'll never buy another used rotator from a ham. Instead, I'll buy one from Rotor Norm's (they sell rebuilt and new rotors)! If you are having rotator problems, give Norm's a call or send an e-mail. These guys are the best!