Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | AlexLoop Walkham Portable HF Small Magnetic Loop Antenna Help

Show all reviews of the AlexLoop Walkham Portable HF Small Magnetic Loop Antenna

You can write your own review of the AlexLoop Walkham Portable HF Small Magnetic Loop Antenna.

KJ4FUU  Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2013 08:56  Send this review to a friend!
Works even better than expected  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is easy to set up and take down, and gives me a little bit of directional capability also. I've taken it out to the back yard for a couple of weekends, and had some success reaching some state QSO parties and special event stations.

My first time out the takedown speed became a major plus, because it started to rain. I quickly disconnected the radio and put it in the waterproof box. The Alexloop easily came down within 5 minutes, giving me time to haul everything inside before it started pouring down hard.

Tuning, even without an antenna analyzer, is simple.

I would recommend the Alexloop to anyone who likes to operate portable, or is restricted by the HOA from putting up a full-sized antenna.