Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Remoterig RRC-1258MkII Help

Show all reviews of the Remoterig RRC-1258MkII

You can write your own review of the Remoterig RRC-1258MkII.

KQ0C  Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2013 11:14  Send this review to a friend!
Works Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the 1258 control and remote radio boxes as well as several other Remote Rig accessories (the USB dongle, the antenna switch and the web switch rotor controller). Everything works perfectly. It does take some attention to detail to get all the settings right for both your radio and your internet connections. But there is a good documentation, an active support forum and great support from the manufacturer. Basically just get everything working when it is all in the same room but connected over your local network (LAN)... then move the remote radio to its true remote location and make one change in settings to incorporate the new address for the remote radio.

You can use almost any radio, but after trying a few I strongly recommend the Kenwood TS-590 if you are buying one for remote. The free Kenwood control program lets me run this radio as if it were on my desk... and does so way better than HRD.

I gain about 4 S-units between my home deep in a valley and my remote location on a hilltop. So the cost of the remote gear is pretty easily justified. This is perfect for anyone with a poor radio location or limits on what antennas you can put up at home.