Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Elecraft KPA-500 Help

Show all reviews of the Elecraft KPA-500

You can write your own review of the Elecraft KPA-500.

W9DJ  Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2013 07:37  Send this review to a friend!
Update on Remote Operation  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After 5 months I continue to like this amp very much. I did have an RF deck failure. The amp quit amplifying, so I contacted Elecraft. They asked that I email them the software generated anomaly log reports, which I did, and they promptly diagnosed a failed RF deck. The replacement arrived quickly, and it was no problem making the swap. I have been operating it remotely quite a bit, and after solving some IP/serial interface issues (not Elecraft's fault, but a quirk of my multi-port IP/serial converter), remote operation is really slick. I am able to control my Omni VII, the KPA500, KTA500, and rotor directly over the internet without a computer in the shack. Outstanding product. All the protection features work great, and it is not stressed even by a.m. operation (at 125 watts carrier output). I keep an eye on the final temp, and it has never even come close to being too high. Maybe I am not long winded enough.