Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Pixel RF PRO-1A & 1B Shortwave Magnetic Loop Antenna Help

Show all reviews of the Pixel RF PRO-1A & 1B Shortwave Magnetic Loop Antenna

You can write your own review of the Pixel RF PRO-1A & 1B Shortwave Magnetic Loop Antenna.

K5ML  Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2013 15:29  Send this review to a friend!
Great Product, Great Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I'm very pleased with both the antenna and the company.

I installed the Pro 1B this past February. The longer I have the antenna, the more I appreciate it. I live in an antenna-restricted community and my only other option is to listen on a ground-mounted vertical. More often than not, on the higher bands, the vertical hears DX better, but not always. From 40 meters on down, I've gotten to where I use the Pro 1B almost exclusively. In addition to being quieter, it has sharp nulls that come in handy for squelching plasma TV noise, other QRN or stateside QRM. I bought a small TV rotor to turn it. Usinga rotor to get maximum benefit from the antenna is highly recommended. This week I worked XR0ZR on 160 meters. The Pro 1B was the difference between hearing and not hearing him and this has happened on many other occasions as well.

The reason why I like the company is because they are very good about responding to problems. About 2 months after having the antenna it started intermittently not working. Pixel sent me another preamp and coax jumper believing that would almost surely that would solve the problem. It seemed to work at first and then it started cutting out intermittently again. Finally, I decided to physically shake the loop when it was functioning to see if I could make it stop working. Sure enough, it did and after shaking it several times more, it finally started working. I e-mailed Pixel, they sent me another loop and that fixed the problem. When they send a replacement part, they send a postpaid label to return the defective part. Just drop the old part in the box and drop it off at Fed-Ex.

In summary, I highly recommend the Pro 1B because it delivers as promised and the company is quick to respond when there's a problem.