New to Ham Radio?
DX Cluster Spots
eHam Help (FAQ)
Support the site
The eHam Team
Show all reviews of the Atlas 350XL
You can write your own review
of the Atlas 350XL.
Nov 20, 2013 06:23
Send this review to a friend!
Time owned: more than 12 months
I really love this rig. I definitely recommend it to technicians.
The overall performance of mine is VERY GOOD.
I spent a lot of time to fix it and I have learn a lot.
After extensive comparison with my other equipment available only the TEN TEC Corsair stands a bit up. FT857/TS180S/FT101ZD stand definitely down.
-excellent receiver with strong IMD characteristic and excellent SSB/CW filters
- easiness of maintenance
- full internet support (documentation and atlas groups; TKS!)
- high power output (200W)
- elegant simple/effective design
- smooth QSK
- accurate alignment is needed and sometime its cumbersome because of interdependence of some settings
- IF board and preselector need two minor mods to cure TX instability
- a bit slow and popping AF AGC
- ALC is not (so?) effective
- sensibility is a bit low on 15 and 10 mt. (but only with less than an average antenna)
- audio preamplifier after 2nd DBM is a bit noisy
- pass band tuning
- dedicated CW audio filter
Product is not in production.
You are not subscribed to this review.
If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions about Reviews
please email your Reviews Manager