Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | FUNcube Dongle Pro+ Help

Show all reviews of the FUNcube Dongle Pro+

You can write your own review of the FUNcube Dongle Pro+.

VE3XQQ  Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2013 11:37  Send this review to a friend!
This is one great piece of kit!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months

I have this running a second receiver and Panadapter on my TenTec Eagle. It is plugged into the AUX2 output which sits between the low pass filter and the preselector. The Dongle presents such a light load that I do not require a preamp to compensate for the expected 3DB drop.

It is almost as good as the 599 Eagle’s receiver; comparatively on SSB it lacks sensitivity on S1 signals and selectivity on contest weekends with the 15DB boomers. Otherwise a very good second receiver and for the price it is excellent!!

I have found that HDSDR software is best suited to my hamming habits and nicely integrates into my N4PY rig control software. With this setup I can drive with the Knob on the rig, or the mouse on the panadapter… what you click is what you hear!!

I am now thinking of tower mounting one under a discone for vhf uhf coverage as a scanner, just need to figure out if the USB cable can be run that far.