New to Ham Radio?
DX Cluster Spots
eHam Help (FAQ)
Support the site
The eHam Team
Show all reviews of the Accurite Weather Station 01050c/01055
You can write your own review
of the Accurite Weather Station 01050c/01055.
Nov 23, 2013 19:43
Send this review to a friend!
Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very cheap for what you get. Works! Been in service for about a month.
This is dirt cheap for 6 sensors, a desktop display and posting to the Web. Very easy to setup. Basically no options, plug n play.
Specs not impressive, for instance Temp is +/- 4 degrees. All plastic. I do not have high expectations for its life, based on reviews of other Acu-rite hardware.
For comparison, I have a Davis at home with an Ambient WeatherBridge (small box) to get Davis weather and post to Wunderground.
This entire system, at the sale price of $130, is what I paid just for an Ambient WeatherBridge.
What you get is a 5 sensor package the transmits data wirelessly. You get a Desktop display that is pretty nice, and best of all is the Acu-Link Bridge device. This device contains the system barometer. It has an internal webserver that receives the sensor data and transmits it to a proprietary web-site. The AcuLink Bridge has two connections: Ethernet and Power. The website is not great, but it is Free! The AcuLink website will also transmit sensor data to Wunderground.
Frequency: Aculink Bridge sends Barometer data a couple times a minute. The 5-in-1 package appears to send about once a minute. But the dashboard at Aculink.com only sends data to WU every 15 minutes.
There are very few options. This frustrates us OCD folk that want to tweak everything, but the setup is easy.
1. Unpack, install three AA bats in Sensor, and two AA in Desktop Display. Mount the support bracket (Plastic) on a post, eave, wherever you want.
2. Put Sensor on the bracket and secure with provided screw. Point small solar panel South.
3. Get a cup of coffee and check the Desktop display. It should show current conditions and the usual signal strength icon.
4. Go to Acu-Link and set up your account, following the instructions.
5. Within a few hours you should be seeing your data on the Acu-Link "My Backyard Weather" page.
6. For each device on the screen (wind, rain, etc.) click the Settings button and enable sharing. Data will be shared at WU. No options.
That is how I recall it, except for the parts where I did not read the directions.
Surprising feature (to me) is the solar panel that does not power the electronics. It improves temp accuracy by blowing air across the Temp sensor.
Product is in production.
You are not subscribed to this review.
If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions about Reviews
please email your Reviews Manager