Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex 100th Anniversary Original Help

Show all reviews of the Vibroplex 100th Anniversary Original

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex 100th Anniversary Original.

WB5WLZ  Rating: 2/5 Jan 2, 2014 14:31  Send this review to a friend!
No Key For Christmas Unpleasant/Pleasant Experience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

This key was the only new Ham Christmas gift I would buy myself this year. I thought I had asked all the right questions before making the purchase. As it turns out, the same condition still exists as reported in the May 12, 2013 review.

My particulars were the weight did not look like chrome, and it had trash in the screw hole. The contact was not seated in the spring that goes on the arm. The back side of the main frame was rough. Chromed over but looked like tool marks, or incomplete casting process. Not finished like the front. When I reported this to the owner, I was told that he built it, and there was nothing wrong.

He said I could not be satisfied, and dispatched UPS for a pickup. In the May 12, 2013 review the person did not report the condition to Vibroplex, but just sold the key. In my case, I report the problem per Vibroplex instructions, and end up being the bad guy.

It is my opinion, that anything that can be viewed from the top side of the key should be finished.

Why can't they finish this one? I just want a quality product like everyone else. I would like to be able to change my rating to a 5 of 5.

On a Positive note, I received a full refund. Additionally, I have been satisfied with the parts I have ordered for my older keys. This gets a 5 of 5.

Recommendation: Regardless of the brand, buy your new keys from a commercial dealer at a Hamfest. You can inspect before you buy.