Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | MFJ 1899T Help

Show all reviews of the MFJ 1899T

You can write your own review of the MFJ 1899T.

KB1VAV  Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2014 14:11  Send this review to a friend!
works great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got the MFJ 1899t in a trade along with a Yaesu 817nd and a LDG Z817 tuner. My first try was in a attic chamber room under a metal roof at my in-laws in VT. Fat chance I thought until I worked numerous countries on QRP cw 20m. Then I tried a buddy back in Maine on 40m SSB who is a no code extra forcing me to go to ssb (hihi). Again FB. Now babysitting grand kids in the Boston area same setup, with little kids on my lap, more DX. I have a 10ft counterpoise and use the onboard swr meter on the 817 and the mighty Z817 with a rt angle pl159 to BNC for connection. Would not recommend this unit for bouncing around over the shoulder use as it seems too fragile. I own a ATAS 120, and a little wonder and numerous others and this little inexpensive gem has worked great for me. A windom it is not, but a light and easy way to travel (have not tried it with out a tuner) it works great for a way for "grampy to beep beep" when on traveling.