Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Pixel BevPro-1 Help

Show all reviews of the Pixel BevPro-1

You can write your own review of the Pixel BevPro-1.

KN2M  Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2014 03:40  Send this review to a friend!
It works!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was pretty dubious about this product. I had the need for a long beverage at my location to improve 160m capability into EU. My previous attempt to manage this with a ladder-line bidirectional antenna was not successful as the line was constantly twisting in the wind and required frequent repairs. I mapped out a 950' long path through the woods at my property, used a GPS so I would maintain a straight line and put it up. I used rigid galvanized conduit cut into 5' lengths as stakes to hold 10' PVC where I needed additional supports. I took tension off the antenna where I could by using tape around the RG6 and coax staples onto boards or trees. The feed point is mounted about 100' from one end and I have two 750' transmission lines going into the house. The antenna has a superior S/N ratio to any of the other listening antennas and is about an S-unit stronger in the Reverse direction than my modified DX Engineering Circle 8 array in the same direction. I attribute the S/N ratio to the exclusive horizontal polarization. It hears EU stations on 160. Longevity should be better than the ladder line antenna based on the materials used and my careful construction techniques. As far as I can tell the only drawback to this antenna is the dual long transmission lines. The enclosed manual with the antenna is much more descriptive and informative than on line materials. It looks far better than any previous beverage I have had and I hope it will be easier to maintain and will stay up without deterioration.