Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Uniden Home Patrol Help

Show all reviews of the Uniden Home Patrol

You can write your own review of the Uniden Home Patrol.

N7WR  Rating: 4/5 Jan 18, 2014 06:26  Send this review to a friend!
Good Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a Home Patrol when they first came on the market and was happy with it but didn't use it as much as I thought I would so I sold it. Now that I am retired and use my own vehicle (I used to have a "company car")I decided to get another one as I would use it more than I did in the past. I bought one that was refurbished and under warranty. Installed in my truck it is used daily and I have been very impressed. I have it mated to a Larson tri band antenna on the roof of the vehicle. I did add an amplified mobile speaker as without it the volume was not enough to overcome the audio from other radios and road noise. I live in a large valley surrounded by mountains. I routinely can copy the Washington State Police (over 60 miles away), the Idaho State Police (over 90 miles away) and, of course all of the more local stuff. I am impressed with the sensitivity of the receiver. When traveling our of area it updates the frequencies scanned based upon input from my GPS. Certainly serves my purposes well