Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | G-Whip 40-10M OSCD 66ft off-set dipole Help

Show all reviews of the G-Whip 40-10M OSCD 66ft off-set dipole

You can write your own review of the G-Whip 40-10M OSCD 66ft off-set dipole .

M0IOD  Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2014 13:13  Send this review to a friend!
Superb all round  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was looking for an multi band wire antenna without big traps and heavy feedline. I do not really bother with 80m and don't have the space for the full size windom hence I went for this version.I am hugely impressed all round with the service provided by Geoff and the quality of the product. The balun is built like a tank and the wire is first rate. I have the antenna about 30 ft up at the feedpoint. The short leg runs to the front of the house and then travels down and is tied off around 10 ft from ground. The long leg runs across my garden and is supported by a 30ft fibre glass pole with a 4 ft vertical run down the pole so as to fit my small garden.
SWR across all bands is less than 2:1 including WARC bands. Performance on 40M is great and I regularly sail through pile ups with my 100 watts from my Icom 7410. It works well on all other bands and has allows me to work DX on all bands something which I struggled to do with other multi band antennas in the past. This is the best multiband antenna I have ever bought. Value for money in both terms of quality and performance is simply outstanding. Thank you for a brilliant product.