Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Help

Show all reviews of the MTS /Malcolm Technical Support

You can write your own review of the MTS /Malcolm Technical Support.

VE7ABC  Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2014 09:25  Send this review to a friend!
A 5+++  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just picked up my IC751A the other day. I had sent it to Scott to repair what I thought was a display issue. I had emailed Scott and from the emails, he gave me an estimate of between $90-100.00 to repair it. His website said because of a huge workload, it would be about 7 weeks until he could look at it. Not a problem for me as it is a backup radio. When he got around to it, he emailed me and said that the main issue was the Piexx rom card, it had a fault he couldn't fix, but for $60.00 he'd put his own unit in. I gave him the go ahead to do what was required. I see by his invoice that he aligned the rig, replaced the trimmer caps, replaced the faulty card with his and gave it a 2 day cycle run to confirm the repair. My cost $165.00 including shipping and packaging (very well done). The radio now not only looks like new, but operates like a new rig.
Scott won't deal with Canadian hams because of shipping costs and border hassles. Not an issue for me as I live within 10 miles of the border.
A job well done Scott, and I've told other hams with Icom equipment in the area that if they want superior service to contact you.