Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | ICOM IC 7100 Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC 7100

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC 7100.

K7SHL  Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2014 11:22  Send this review to a friend!
Hard to beat!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this unit to replace an Icom IC-7000, which I have enjoyed using. I've had a few other rigs over the years, but overall, the 7100 is the best radio I've owned. For the price, there is nothing else out there that can touch it. I use it with an external speaker and antenna tuner.

I like the way it sounds. I like the sensitivity of the radio. I like how I sound when I transmit. I thought I would miss the color display on the 7000, but, that's not a concern anymore. The display, although monochrome, is adjustable, easy to see and I've found the touch screen and buttons easy to navigate through. Within a few hours of use I was fully comfortable with using the radio.

One can always nitpick and say, "Well, it doesn't have this, or it doesn't do that," but for less than $1,500.00 it rivals the performance of much more expensive transceivers in every way which is important, I think, for ham use.