Categories | Speakers for communications use | Klipsch C-1 Speaker Help

Show all reviews of the Klipsch C-1 Speaker

You can write your own review of the Klipsch C-1 Speaker.

KD9AUR  Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2014 17:05  Send this review to a friend!
Perfect for dialog  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I need a bit more treble than most, and I have tried many, many speakers over the years. I have been using the Radio Shack Minimus 7 series, which was doing a good job, but tended to distort when I cranked up the volume on my Icom R-75.

Based on another review, the logic that a center channel speaker optimized for dialog in a home theater would be a logical choice for a communications speaker. I chose the klipsch because these are sensitive speakers that do not require a lot of power to reach decent volume levels.

The clarity of this speaker is amazing. It has eclipsed all the other speakers in my shack including the Radio Shack Minimus 7, Sounds Sweet, Palstar SP30H, and various OEM speakers from Kenwood, Drake, and Icom. The Klipsch, hooked up to my Icom R-75, sounds better than my Grundig Satellit 800 and my Eton E1. I also tried the speaker on my Drake R8B, and Jrc NRD-345 receivers, and it is just as incredible. listening to other speakers with these radios now sounds like they have a towel muffling them.

While dialog is the strength of this speaker, it also sound awesome with music. I do not have a bad thing to say about it except that it is a little on the large side, but unless you only use headphones, this is a must for your shack.