Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Heathkit HM-2140 PEP Watt/SWR meter Help

Show all reviews of the Heathkit HM-2140 PEP Watt/SWR meter

You can write your own review of the Heathkit HM-2140 PEP Watt/SWR meter.

N8WGM  Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2014 12:04  Send this review to a friend!
Ugly Heathkit green but it does work well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for over a year as I bought it off E-bay. It was in pretty good condition with a 9 volt wall mount power supply included.

I like the Heathkit products as they are a learning experience even if it is already built. The one I bought had some issues that were easily fixed. After 30 years, the battery ground came loose from the board so I had to do some repair work. It also needed some calibration but that is easy also. Make sure you get the manual if you buy one of these. Makes calibrating and fixing it easy.
The Heathkit green is a fairly ugly color and so I did a black paint job on the outside cover. It looks great with the green meter face plate.

The circuitry is rather simple and the meters are big enough to see well. I wish they were lighted but that can be easily done.

The accuracy is fairly good as I tested it against a Bird unit.

You really cannot go wrong with this meter. It has SWR, Reflected Power on the first meter to the left and 200 watt / 2000 watt with a battery test on the power meter to the right. It also has PEP and average power capabilities.

I wish I could find a product that I would rate less than a 5, but reading Eham.net reviews, it is easy to find products that are truly a 5. So far I am batting 1000 with the help if Eham.net.