Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic Help

Show all reviews of the Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic

You can write your own review of the Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic.

N5PHT  Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2014 13:57  Send this review to a friend!
Very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OK - had wanted this antenna years ago but "settled" for something less. Now I have the T8 up and been in general use for only 4 days. During that time I have made 126 contacts and DXCC total is 52 (12 on 10 mtrs, 15 on 12, 23 on 15, 13 on 17 and 19 on 20). I really like the antenna.

I have SWR as expected and promised. My ICOM746PRO folds back very, very aggressive - at about 1.5 and I can use the T8 without tuner on all but 12 meters and there I need tuner - swr is about 2 to 1 and 746PRO folds it back to 50 watts. The other 4 bands have 100 watts output on the 746PRO.

I would break it down this way:
1. Built Well - a 5
2. Manual - a 3 as many have commented
3. Customer Service - 2. As much as I enjoyed talking to Roger twice (and his wife once) he is very difficult (in my experience to get to return phone calls or answer the phone. He promised me he would carry the phone on my assembly day...well didn't happen).
4. Overall performance: 5
5. Ease of Assembly: 3 (could be 5 with well written manual). All parts were there and some extra. Assembly has a lot of 'common sense' and if Roger would write a one page addendum (in my view) of the no doubt common issues I think it would go a long way. It took me probably about 6 hours total spread over 2 days.

So, if you want a fine antenna for the price that covers 5 bands the T8 is great and I expect it to last a long time. If you expect to call the company and chat with a variety of questions - well, that is not their style.