Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | NN4ZZ TiltPlate Help

Show all reviews of the NN4ZZ TiltPlate

You can write your own review of the NN4ZZ TiltPlate.

WF4W  Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2014 16:57  Send this review to a friend!
Fantastic Product--Highly Recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I first got my tilt-over tower up, I planned on putting my PRO67-C (big antenna--24' boom, 135 pounds) up and tilting the tower down with the antenna about 12' off the ground. I'm really glad I did not do this.
I purchased a Tilt-Plate from Al and it was a great decision.
I've known Al for several years and I got plate from him and mounted it myself. I mounted the boom for the PRO67-C to the Tilt-Plate and added the elements while standing on the ground....awesome!
The PRO67-C uses phasing tubes between the 2 driven elements and Al was helpful in providing information from Mosley about modifying the tubes and moving the elements slightly to work with the Tilt-Plate.
Al personally came out twice to make measurments for another ham with a PRO67-C and a Tilt-Plate.

The plate itself is a simple but fascinating design that works very well. It is also extremely rugged and very well built.

Al has an excellent product and if you have a tilt-over tower it is a must.

I have had to modify the PRO67-C to correct an SWR problem on one of the WARC bands and the Tilt-Plate makes working on the antenna, on the ground and near horizontal a breeze. I've had the tower down about 5 times so far to either work on an antenna, add or remove one and without the Tilt-Plate, each time would have been much more of a chore. Thanks, Al for this great procduct.
Tad, WF4W