Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | ICOM IC-7410 Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC-7410

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7410.

N2EAC  Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2014 00:53  Send this review to a friend!
Great Transceiver/Great Value/Great TX/RX Audio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned and operated some of the best HF transceivers made, with prices ranging across the board. The IC-7410 is a tremendous value in a transceiver at its price point. As an FYI - I purchased just the 3KHz roofing filter. (It took no time to install.) I did not and do not see a need for the 6 KHz roofing filter. So, IMHO, save your money and just get and use the 3 KHz roofing filter. As to the transceiver, the TX and RX audio are 1st class. If you are a ragchewer, then this is the perfect transceiver for you. Keep in mind that the band scope is like the ones in the predecessors. so, if you do not need a continuous bandscope, you are not missing out. The IC-7410 is priced just right and while I use it as a second rig, I would have no problem using it as a primary rig. The TX/RX audio is absolutely 1st class clear (IMHO - better than the IC-756proIII). There are a couple a really good transceivers available at the price point of the IC-7410. But, being prior Icom owner, I gravitated to this transceiver.

I can say without reservation that I made the right choice. I am extremely happy with the transceiver and would buy it again. It is a good value and worth every penny spent. So, if you have a choice, do a side-by-side comparison. I think you will find it to comes in 1st place like I did when I was researching transceivers at that price point.

Therefore, it is without reservation that I can endorse the purchase and daily use of the IC-7410 transceiver.

73, Ed, N2EAC