Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Kenwood TS-50S Help

Show all reviews of the Kenwood TS-50S

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TS-50S.

AK6ZZ  Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2014 06:22  Send this review to a friend!
Great inexpensive mobile  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just picked up a TS50 from a ham in town for $125 that works great. I quickly installed it into my truck using the existing HF infrastructure I once had installed for a more significant mobile and it was plug and play. I feel now I have the right amount of investment in my mobile system. A couple quick checks and I made some contest SSB contacts using mid power 50W this weekend to Estonia, Canada, US on 20m and one post contest contact to Japan on 10m last evening. Overall thrilled with how the TS50 rig works. I am using a combination of hamsticks and a frankenantenna of a 6m hamstick and a super antenna vertical coil. Believe it or not it tunes from 40 to 10m. Mobile in motion is only the hamsticks because the super antenna would break apart at highway speeds. Best small investment in ham radio in quite a while.