Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Micronta 144/440 MHz SWR/Power Meter, Cat. No. 19-320 Help

Show all reviews of the Micronta 144/440 MHz SWR/Power Meter, Cat. No. 19-320

You can write your own review of the Micronta 144/440 MHz SWR/Power Meter, Cat. No. 19-320.

K9ZF  Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2014 04:29  Send this review to a friend!
Does a great job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these new back in the early 90's. I've also purchased several used ones at hamfests over the years, and all have served me well.

Like the previous reviewer says, don't expect it to be a Bird meter, it's not. But for a cheap meter, it works great.

It will give you a reasonably accurate SWR reading, and a ball park reading as a watt meter. For me, this is all I need. Let's face it, most of the time it doesn't really matter whether I am doing 45 watts, or 60 watts, as long as I can see I am on high power and producing RF...

The reason I have bought several is I like to have them in the mobile, and portable setups, where they will likely be submitted to harsh treatment. These guys are actually pretty darn tuff, and if I do break one I will throw it away and buy another... So far I have never had one fail, knock-knock...

Dan

K9ZF
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el
The once and future K9ZF /R no budget Rover
***QRP-l #1269
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:

List Administrator for: InHam+grid-loc+ham-books
Ask me how to join the Indiana Ham Mailing list!