Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | AIR BOSS pneumatic antenna launcher Help

Show all reviews of the AIR BOSS pneumatic antenna launcher

You can write your own review of the AIR BOSS pneumatic antenna launcher.

WQ8Q  Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2014 11:39  Send this review to a friend!
Easy-peasy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Several years ago I bought one of the famous sling-shot type antenna wire launchers at the Dayton Hamvention. I must have been very bad at using it, because my hand ended up all bruised where I didn't get the slingshot aligned quite right, or when it did go right, I never could get the fishing line as high as I wanted it, so I just made do and wherever it landed in the tree, hauled the antenna up to that point.

Undeterred, and thinking I could still do this after waiting all these years for the two trees I planted to get high enough for an antenna, a few months ago I bought the Airboss after watching the online video. Looked easy to me. Received it in no time at all and tried it on my front yard tree, while there were leaves still on the tree. (not the best time to do this) It took me a couple of tries until I realized not only had the lead sinker cleared the tree but had gone completely over the house. I finally had one end of the dipole up really high.
Just yesterday, before the leaves came out on my backyard tree, I decided to put my other end of the dipole up higher. Just one shot, thru some limbs, put the sinker right where I wanted it, pulled the antenna rope up and tied it off. Easy-peasy. The Airboss cost considerably less than the slingshot kit, and I sure wish I'd bought that first!